[Realtime-feed-users] Delayed feeds and/or events (1+ hours)

Harold Lemon harold.lemon at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 12 00:09:02 UTC 2014

Eric,

As far as latency goes, I have noticed that events do not show up in the feeds
until about a half hour later i.e. below are the last few events that I captured
from the last hour and last day feeds just today.  I also noticed that an event
that gets posted in the past hour feed does not stay there the full hour.  It
appears to get deleted after about half an hour.  If it is any help, I have set
up a test page http://ucweather.org/recenteqtst.php that shows the posted time
and description from past hour and past day feeds using a parser with no special
formatting and the cache time set to zero so it should be showing what is
currently in the feeds.

Hope that helps.

Past Hour

M 4.2 - 99km ESE of Maindong, China
Jul 11 2014 at 7:41 pm EDT
DYFI? - I
  Time2014-07-11 23:05:26 UTC2014-07-12 07:05:26 +08:00 at epicenter
  Location30.896°N 86.325°E
  Depth46.61 km (28.96 mi)
Past Day
  a.. M 4.2 - 99km ESE of Maindong, China
  Jul 11 2014 at 7:41 pm EDT
  DYFI? - I
    Time2014-07-11 23:05:26 UTC2014-07-12 07:05:26 +08:00 at epicenter
    Location30.896°N 86.325°E
    Depth46.61 km (28.96 mi)
  b.. M 2.5 - 14km S of Medford, Oklahoma
  Jul 11 2014 at 5:52 pm EDT
  DYFI? - I
    Time2014-07-11 21:02:27 UTC2014-07-11 16:02:27 -05:00 at epicenter
    Location36.677°N 97.723°W
    Depth5.24 km (3.25 mi)
  c.. M 4.6 - 108km ESE of Namie, Japan
  Jul 11 2014 at 4:38 pm EDT
  DYFI? - I
    Time2014-07-11 19:59:15 UTC2014-07-12 04:59:15 +09:00 at epicenter
    Location37.190°N 142.171°E
    Depth23.35 km (14.51 mi)