[Realtime-feed-users] Delayed feeds and/or events (1+ hours)

Matt Keller mattrk at mattrk.com
Wed Jul 9 22:27:02 UTC 2014

Eric,

Sorry for the delay. Just got off work. The most recent example was a quake
this morning at 11:25 AM CST that didn't hit the feeds until around 4:37 PM
CST. The quake's ID is usb000rrac and the URL is
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/usb000rrac#summary.

The following quakes are ones that i know missed the past hour feed but
don't have more specific info (like when they hit the feed) because i
wasn't monitoring the past day feed. All i know is that they missed the
past hour feed and my app didn't pick them up.

usc000rpls
usc000rplj
usc000rpye
usc000rqbx
usc000rqwg
usc000rr7z
usb000rr2b

Scott, The URL I'm accessing is
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/feed/v1.0/summary/all_hour.geojson.
My app hits that URL every couple of minutes and checks for new events that
meet certain criteria. (In my case, the Oklahoma City metro area) If it
sees a new event meeting the criteria, the event is parsed, tweeted, and
then added to a database so i don't tweet it out again.

Thanks for everyone's help.