[ANSS-netops] multiple refteks behind single ip; conclusion

mwithers at memphis.edu mwithers at memphis.edu
Wed Jul 13 19:30:45 UTC 2011

Just for closure, I can confirm what Antonio Sanchez said.  You can put
two refteks behind the router and do no port forwarding.  They happily
connect to the rptd server and you can make rtpd command and control
connections via rtcc.  You can not make direct connections unless you
do forwarding for port 5000 and then you can only do one das at a time.
We mocked up our installation in the lab with two refteks and the
freewaves at one of them repeating the second.   Let's hope it all
works as well in the wild as it does in the lab.

Mitch

Center for Earthquake Research and Information (CERI)
University of Memphis                Ph: 901-678-4940
Memphis, TN 38152                   Fax: 901-678-4734