[ANSS-netops] Operating multiple reftek recorders behind a single static IP. (fwd)

Stephen Brewer sbrewer1 at memphis.edu
Wed Jul 6 14:25:48 UTC 2011

Thanks to everyone for your replies to this. The conclusion seems to be
a simple one. The DSL modem or router is configured to forward incoming
traffic to individual refteks, at different port numbers. The outgoing
udp traffic from the refteks to a remote rtpd, will still use port 2543,
and come from the single public IP address, but rtpd will distinguish
which data is from which recorder.

No elaborate port #1 to port 2543 incoming, followed by port 2543 to
port #1 outgoing, translation is needed.

Thank you everyone for your help, steve.