[ANSS-netops] Operating multiple reftek recorders behind a single static IP.

Antonio Sanchez A.Sanchez at reftek.com
Tue Jul 5 20:39:18 UTC 2011

Dear Friends,

Any of the routers listed will do,  I just wanted to add a little bit
more on the NAPT non NAPT routers.

The key here is that for the REF TEK's the destination port for data
will always be 2543 but the source port created is different for each
one of them and that is something the router will handle automatically.
That port will remain open to receive acknowledgements and other details
for a certain period of time, so that answers the question of several
130's behind the same DSL IP,  no need to do anything,  just plug them
in the ports with the defined LAN addresses and ready to use.

For command and control of the REF TEK's you could use RTCC but will
have to do an RTPD connection,  not a direct connection.

If you want to have command and control of the REF TEK's with a direct
connection, you will have to create several NAPT rules for each one of
them at different ports,  same for ftp.

Thanks a lot

Antonio Sanchez
REF TEK Customer Support