[ANSS-netops] Operating multiple reftek recorders behind a single static IP.

Philip Crotwell crotwell at seis.sc.edu
Tue Jul 5 20:14:49 UTC 2011

Hi

Not exactly the same, but for a while I had a seismic station under my
house with a reftek. I used my home firewall/router to reroute the
ports to allow the reftek to work. The cheap consumer device worked
just fine for this. $25 is a lot less than $600!

I think the port is on the server side can be specified, but not sure
if you can have several rtp connections to the same IP on different
ports. You might be able to run several instance of rtpd on the
server, each with a different remote port, not sure.

Philip