[ANSS-netops] Database

John H Parker (jhparkr1) jhparkr1 at memphis.edu
Thu Feb 12 21:36:35 GMT 2009

Hello,

It sounds like everyone is interested in some type of database solution to track inventories, station info, and visits.

Here is a summary of solutions.

INV - Tracks inventory, responses, creates SEED volumes.  But does not track visits

Request Tracker - Tracks service visits, but not inventory.

Access Database - Can track everything, but must be built from the ground up.

E-Mail/Web Page - Simple and accessable, but not a database.

Mitch Withers has said he can probably set up an anonymous ftp site for us to share our different solutions as long as it isn't too big.  I will be glad to share my little database if anyone is interested and I know I would like to see what all of you have done.

When we get the ftp site going, I'll let you know.

Thanks,
John