[ANSS-netops] Database

Nathan L Edwards nedwards at unr.edu
Mon Feb 9 19:17:01 GMT 2009

Hey all,

We are looking to implement something similar.  Someone I talked with said their lab was just using a shared email account (say, stationvisit at seismo.unr.edu) just for station visits which all techs have the password for.  Visit records are sent to the account from the tech's account, and records are reviewed from the stationvisit account.  No database to construct, highly portable, and it's easily searchable by date, tech (from line) and station (subject line), and you can easily send records to your own email account.  As an added bonus, this can easily be done from a Blackberry in the field (where there's coverage anyway).  We haven't yet decided if this is what we will be doing, but I thought it might be worth sharing.

-Nathan

Nathan Edwards
Development Technician
Nevada Seismological Laboratory