[ANSS-netops] experience with K-2's having internal IP interface cards

Dave Drobeck drobeck at seis.utah.edu
Tue Jul 22 19:57:38 GMT 2008

Not much to tell - they work as advertised.  One oddity is that they arrive
with the "timeout" (essentially packet size) set very small, so you get tons
of overhead if you don't change that - took awhile before Jon here figured
that out.   Some of them also use a 10-pin RJ-45-ish connector, which is
slightly odd.  They're also available in multiport versions of course, and
some versions do PPP, etc.  Last time I purchased a single-port unit it was
$125.
 We've never looked into a correlation between MSS100 hangs and broadcast
traffic, curious problem.  One thing that was annoying to us about the
MSS100s is that they're very sensitive to power - and most of the x-former
supplies that came with them failed on us.