[Realtime-feeds] Encrypted feeds available and CAP format deprecation

Lastowka, Lynda llastowka at usgs.gov
Wed Sep 21 20:20:57 UTC 2016

1) We now offer encrypted feeds (https://) in addition to the non-encrypted
version (http://).  Please be aware that in time we will only offer
encrypted data. That timeline is not yet set and we will announce the http
deprecation date when known, but we suggest you update your applications to
use the https protocol as that data is encrypted which provides better data
integrity.
https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/feed/

2) We will be decommissioning the CAP format in the ATOM feed in no less
than 21 days and no later than March 1st.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Lynda Lastowka
USGS