[Realtime-feed-users] Availability of shakemaps that are not clipped by map viewport

Adam Kalachman akalachman at google.com
Wed Nov 4 21:27:55 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have a question regarding the bounds of shakemap GIS products. I'd like
to display a shakemap of instrumental intensity with a dynamic map
viewport, but each of the provided GIS products I've looked at so far
(cont_mi.json, mi.shp in shape.zip) clips the bounds of the polygons at the
edges of a particular, pre-determined viewport. Is there a product that
doesn't clip the bounds of the intensity polygons or, failing that, some
way of getting the "unclipped" shakemaps?

Thanks,

Adam

Adam Kalachman | Software Engineer | akalachman at google.com