[Realtime-feed-users] Shake map generation question

Magdalena Gajewska magdalena.gajewska at uk.rsagroup.com
Wed Jun 24 12:42:54 UTC 2015

Hello,

I am part of a team working on incorporating earthquake GeoJson feeds in our online applications.
I was wondering if it would be possible to get an answer to couple of questions and issues that we encountered during testing.

We have noticed that some GeoJson feeds contain Shakemap as a product type associated with an earthquake but do not provide point coordinates for that Shakemap.
Is it due to insufficient data available or is it an error?

Also we would be interested to know for how long a single earthquake event get updated. Would it vary depending on the event magnitude and other parameters?

I would greatly appreciate your assistance .

Thank you.

Regards,
Magda

Magdalena Gajewska
GeoRisk Consultant
Commercial Underwriting
RSA
20 Fenchurch Street, 15th Floor, London, EC3M 3AU
Tel: 00 44 (0) 207 337 5184 / Internal: 7170 375184
Email: magdalena.gajewska at uk.rsagroup.com<mailto:magdalena.gajewska at uk.rsagroup.com>
web: www.rsagroup.com<http://www.rsagroup.com>

Please consider the environment before printing this email. RSA are proud to be a responsible business -  www.rsagroup.com/corporate-responsibility

Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc (No. 93792). Registered in England & Wales at St. Mark's Court, Chart Way, Horsham, West Sussex, RH12 1XL.

Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
For your protection, telephone calls may be recorded and monitored.
The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be read, copied or used only by the intended recipients. If you have received it in error please contact the
sender immediately by returning the e-mail. Please delete the e-mail and do not disclose any of its contents to anyone.
No responsibility is accepted for loss or damage arising from viruses or changes made to this message after it was sent.