[Realtime-feed-users] Fwd: Realtime-feeds post from wesley.a.rogers at boeing.com requires approval

Fee, Jeremy jmfee at usgs.gov
Tue Jul 29 15:30:50 UTC 2014

Hello,

The realtime-feeds list is only for announcements.  Please subscribe and
send future emails to the realtime-feed-users email list at:

Links in realtime feeds change as the information is updated, and old
versions of information are removed 1 hour after a new version is added.
 Looking in the detail feed for the event, at
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/feed/v1.0/detail/usb000ry8m.geojson ,
the ShakeMap was updated at 5:45am pacific and the version specific URL for
the current overlay version (as of 8am pacific) is:

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/product/shakemap/usb000ry8m/us/1406637911369/download/overlay.kmz

You have several options to avoid broken links:

1) download the overlay file when you discover the link, and use that
specific version (potentially missing updates)

2) periodically check the feed for the current link

3) use our Event KML network link wrapper which auto-updates and includes
the latest version of ShakeMap and other information

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/feed/v1.0/detail/usb000ry8m.kml

Thanks,

Jeremy