[CEUS-earthquake-hazards] The balance

jacob at ldeo.columbia.edu jacob at ldeo.columbia.edu
Wed Jan 9 22:32:31 GMT 2008

Sure, if you are not counting lifes and livelihoods or other "indirect costs" as
costs, mitigation is not necessarily cost effective.
But: I would like the writer of this narrow approach to take note of the
following:

http://www.nibs.org/MMC/MitigationSavingsReport/natural_hazard_mitigation_saves.htm

Best
Klaus Jacob