[ANSS-netops] rtp2rtpd question

Mark E Meremonte meremonte at usgs.gov
Wed Dec 15 17:55:54 UTC 2010

Phillip,

Your problem sounds like a problem with the RT-130's TCP/IP stack's
inability to detect a down, then up, network connection.   I use to get
this problem much in the early history of the RT-130s.  I got around it by
enabling continuous IP device power to the IP stack rather then
toggle/auto.   And, to this day, I still always enable continuous IP
device power as a matter of course to prevent the possibility of it
happening especially when there is a radio in the IP link instead of a
"hard" landline connection.

Mark

Mark E. Meremonte             Geophysicist    USGS/ANSS/NEIC

U.S. Geological Survey      Work: 303-273-8670   Cell: 303-478-5766
MS 966, Box 25046               Email: meremonte at usgs.gov
Denver, CO  80225                Web: http://geohazards.cr.usgs.gov

Ship:  U.S. Geological Survey, 1711 Illinois St., Golden, CO 80401