[ANSS-netops] rtp2rtpd question

mwithers at memphis.edu mwithers at memphis.edu
Tue Dec 14 16:23:37 UTC 2010

We have rtpd running at a remote node and rtp2rtpd on that node transfering
the data to a central site via private microwave.  Inclement weather
frequently disrupts comm over the microwave link.  During a recent
disruption, when comm was restored, rtp2rtpd was successfully transfering
data for some stations but not others. So I stopped and restarted rtp2rtpd
and data transmission was restored.  I don't see anything significant in
the logs to suggest what the problem was.  Has anyone running rtp2rtpd
seen this sort of thing before and if so, what did you do to correct it
so that you resume data transmission without manual intervention?

Mitch

Center for Earthquake Research and Information (CERI)
University of Memphis                Ph: 901-678-4940
Memphis, TN 38152                   Fax: 901-678-4734