[Shake-dev] Shakemap 4.0 [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Bruce Worden cbworden at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 14:08:26 UTC 2017

Hi Hadi,

Welcome to the community. Please keep in mind that you are using a VERY early, not-ready-for-prime-time version of ShakeMap 4.

1) We are still working on the functionality — get_tectonic_regions is currently a dummy function that will eventually support the sm_select program’s GMPE selection protocol. At this point, it would be easiest for you to just ignore it and specify your GMPE sets manually (or use one of the predefined sets) within gmpe_sets..conf, and then specify the set you want to use in model.conf (either the global one or the event-specific one.) Note that you may also have to specify the specific GMPEs that make up your sets in modules.conf if they are not already in there. SM4 should work with any GMPE that is in the OQ library, but not all GMPEs are created equal — you’ll have to check to make sure that your selected IMTs are available.

2) The mapping functions are old prototypes and don’t work with the current HDF output of sm_model. And, in any event, the output HDF has changed substantially in the last few days. We are working on both generating the old-style grid.xml from the HDF, and also developing some new visualization tools that work with the HDF. The visualization tools will likely be fairly primitive at first, but they will provide a basis for you to extend them to do what you want.

3) I’ll let Mike Hearne weigh in on the best way to update. I just do a “git pull —rebase …” to update the code, but my repository is installed with the -e option to pip. If you’ve installed normally, you may need to do a pip uninstall followed by a pip install after you update the repo.

Mike has recently checked in some changes to the output container as well as to other code that I haven’t had a chance to familiarize myself with yet. I’ll let him provide an update.

Mike, you’ll need to join this group if you want to post a response.

Bruce