[Shake-dev] Shakemap 4.0 [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Ghasemi Hadi Hadi.Ghasemi at ga.gov.au
Sun Nov 5 01:30:19 UTC 2017

Hi Community,

I've installed ShakeMap4.0 on my Ubuntu machine and was able to successfully run couple of included examples. Now I am trying to better understand the working process and run examples for earthquakes in Australia!! Exploring the manual and the scripts, my understanding is that

-          at the moment the function for assigning tectonic region to an earthquake is not fully implemented (?) Does it mean that I need to manually modify the "get_tectonic_regions" function to reflect the tectonic region of interest?

-          Running the sm_model generates the *.json files; however the mapping functions are working based on xml files (?)  an example of how to visualize the results would be very helpful :)

-          To keep ShakeMap4.0 up-to-date, I manually remove the Conda's env. and follow the installation again, is there a better way for doing this?

Any support would be appreciated :)

Best,
Hadi