[Shake-dev] Bug in gmtconvert?

Quitoriano, Vince vinceq at usgs.gov
Tue Apr 22 23:34:17 UTC 2014

There seems to be a bug in gmtconvert in grind. It's used to paste together
pga, pgv, etc. columns into grid.xml, rock_grid.xml, grid.xyz, and
uncertainty.xml.
The problem is that it's used with the option "-f0x,1y" which seems to
treat every column into a degree measurement. (You'd think it should only
affect the
first two columns, 0 and 1, which are usually latitude and longitude.)

The upshot of this is that, in the above output files, any pgm value above
360 gets decremented by 360, just like a degree value.

Fortunately those files are output files and not really used by any
subsequent
processing, which is I think why the bug hasn't been caught (unless this is
specific to a GMT version?)

I removed the -f option from gmtconvert in grind for those four files, and
that
seems to do the trick, but I'm not sure if it affects anything down the
line.

--
Vince Quitoriano (vinceq at usgs.gov)
USGS Did You Feel It?    http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/dyfi