[Shake-dev] GMICE in ShakeMap v3.5

Boatwright, John boat at usgs.gov
Tue Jun 4 19:07:39 UTC 2013

Dear Célia,

That is a coding problem in ShakeMap resulting from an early decision
by Dave Wald not to use PGA-only (or PGV-only) data to estimate
intensity.  I think that the relations between PGA and intensity are
good enough estimate intensity when PGV is not available, but you
would have to talk to Bruce Worden to obtain a work-around.  (Or fake
the PGV data using the GMICE.)

           take care,       Jack