[Shake-dev] GMICE in ShakeMap v3.5

Célia Marreiros celia.marreiros at ipma.pt
Tue Jun 4 14:55:44 UTC 2013

Dear shake-dev,

I have been working on our ShakeMap v3.5 installation in Portugal.

I´m trying to run ShakeMap v3.5 for some small
earthquakes using  the Wald99 as GMICE.
However, in cases where i haven´t observed
intensities and only have observed PGA (not observed PGV)
the ShakeMap doesn´t convert the observed PGA to intensity.

I have the observed PGA from a M3.6 in Portugal.
When i run the ShakeMap 3.2 with the PGA as
input, the  instrumental intensity map agrees
well with the macroseismic observations.

I would like to obtain converted intensities from
ShakeMap 3.5 using Wald99 as GMICE, even if only
have observed PGA as input data.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

Celia

Célia Marreiros
Instituto Português do Mar e da Atmosfera, I.P.
celia.marreiros at ipma.pt

Rua C ao Aeroporto
1749-077 Lisboa
Fax:    +351 218 402 370