[Shake-dev] ShakeMap and Earthworm

Branden Christensen branden.christensen at osop.com.pa
Thu Jul 19 15:45:08 UTC 2012

Bruce:

Ah ok. AQMS is a DB driven version of EW. I do not use it at the moment.

I know how to proceed then. I will write a python script to check for new
events in the /data folder and then call ./shake <event_id> and put the
script in a crontab.

Let me say again that you have been extremely helpful. I will keep on eye
on the list and contribute when and where I can.

Kind Regards,

*Branden C. Christensen*
Director, OSOP
*branden.christensen at osop.com.pa*
www.osop.com.pa
Volcan, Panama

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 3:32 PM, Bruce Worden <cbworden at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>> sticks the new index page there along with stuff in "archive" (overwriting
>> anything that was there before) and the new event's directory. Each new
>> event needs to update the index page and the archive, but I agree that the
>> way it is handled leaves a lot of junk lying around in the event's working
>> directory.
>>
>> Before the site will work, you need to configure web.conf do 'make web,'
>> then go to bin and run ./transfer -permweb (see p. ~12 of the software
>> guide for this step). transfer -permweb currently doesn't work, but there
>> will be a fixed version in the repository by the end of today. You'll do
>> "svn update" and "make" to get the new code. There will be a number of
>> other fixes, too. Remember to protect your custom version of topo2grd
>> before updating.
>>
>> You may also want to go to <shake>/lib/genex/web/config and edit
>> archivepages.xml to remove all of the years for which you don't have
>> earthquakes.
>>
>> These are old-style web pages that use almost no modern web technology.
>> They aren't particularly pretty, and we don't really do much to update
>> them. The USGS pages are slick and modern, but nobody has template-ized
>> them yet, so users are either stuck with what we distribute, or they can
>> put together their own.
>>
>> Bruce
>>

>> On Jul 17, 2012, at 2:11 PM, Branden Christensen wrote:
>>
>> I have noticed something off though. If you create a directory for EACH
>> event then there will be gazillions of websites:
>>
>> e.g.,
>>
>> http://sandbox1.osop.com.pa/shakemap/9583161/genex/web/shake/
>> http://sandbox1.osop.com.pa/shakemap/4035/genex/web/shake/
>> ..
>> where each event has the directory structure of the entire website:
>>
>> e.g.,
>> osop at sandbox1:/opt/shakemap/data$ ls 9583161/genex/web/shake/archive
>> 1999.html  2002.html  2005.html  2008.html  2011.html   major.html
>> 2000.html  2003.html  2006.html  2009.html  2012.html   pre1999.html
>> 2001.html  2004.html  2007.html  2010.html  index.html  scenario.html
>> osop at sandbox1:/opt/shakemap/data$ ls 4035/genex/web/shake/archive
>> 1999.html  2002.html  2005.html  2008.html  2011.html   major.html
>> 2000.html  2003.html  2006.html  2009.html  2012.html   pre1999.html
>> 2001.html  2004.html  2007.html  2010.html  index.html  scenario.html
>>

>> *Branden C. Christensen*
>> Director, OSOP
>> *branden.christensen at osop.com.pa*
>> www.osop.com.pa
>> Volcan, Panama
>>

>> On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 9:04 PM, Bruce Worden <cbworden at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Nice. Thanks for letting us know. Now you just need to get the files
>>> dumped into directories "<evid>/input", kick off shake, and you're good to
>>> go.
>>>
>>> Bruce
>>>
>>> On Jul 17, 2012, at 1:20 PM, Branden Christensen wrote:

>>> 4034_1_event.xml
>>> 4034_2_event.xml
>>> 4034_dig_dat.xml
>>> 9583161