[Shake-dev] ShakeMap installation and user inquiries

Branden Christensen branden.christensen at osop.com.pa
Mon Jul 9 23:41:03 UTC 2012

Bruce:

Thank you for your prompt response!

I downloaded the SRTM30 data, changed the install/macros file and
configured shake.conf as:

default_flags   : retrieve
default_flags   : pending
#default_flags  : grind -qtm -xml
default_flags  : grind -xml
#default_flags  : mapping -timestamp -itopo -verbose
default_flags  : mapping -gsm -timestamp -itopo -verbos
default_flags   : shakemail
default_flags   : genex -zip -metadata -shape shape
default_flags   : print
default_flags   : transfer -www -push
default_flags   : addon
default_flags   : plotregr -lab_dev 6

I am still getting the same error "transfer: Unable to access 9583161
download dir from /opt/shakemap/bin". Perhaps I am pointing to it
incorrectly?

I have added the following lines to the install/macros file and run a "make
veryclean" and "make all" after each time (not knowing if this is necessary
or not):

DEMDIR = /opt/shakemap/dem
DEMDIR = /opt/shakemap/dem/SRTM30/
DEMDIR = /opt/shakemap/dem/SRTM30/DATA/

./shake does not seemed to be pleased with any of these paths.

Your thoughts?

Best,

*Branden C. Christensen*
Director, OSOP