[Shake-dev] database import problem: eq2mysql and shake2mysql missing

Jakub (Jim) Chrzeszczyk j.chrzeszczyk at gns.cri.nz
Tue Nov 2 03:10:18 UTC 2010

Hi,

We'd like to use ShakeMap with some of our natural hazards monitoring
applications, so I'm working on building a brand new ShakeMap instance
here at GeoNet to do some testing/development.

I've checked out the source code:

svn co
https://vault.gps.caltech.edu/repos/products/shakemap/tags/release-3.5/

And I've been following the software guide (SoftwareGuideV3_5.doc) and
everything went smooth so far (I've reconfigured macros and make all
finished without errors). Now I'm stuck at page 10 which says:

If this is a new install or first time upgrade to ShakeMap V3.0+, it
will be necessary to create
tables in the MySQL database. Once you have set up your configuration
files, making the tables
is easily accomplished:
% cd <shake_home>/bin
% ./mktables
This process will not destroy the tables if they already exist; to do
that, connect to MySQL and
issue the proper “drop table” commands. Errors in this program are not
usually fatal: if one or
more tables already exist, the program will complain, but will continue
and make any tables that
do not yet exist.
(If this is an upgrade from an earlier version to V3.0+, you will want
to convert the existing
earthquake and shake_flags databases to MySQL. Programs exist for this
purpose as well. These
programs assume that the files ‘<shake_home>/database/earthquake’ and
‘<shake_home>/database/shake_flags’ exist. If they do not (possibly
because you are actually
following instructions and have installed this version of ShakeMap in a
new directory), simply
copy them from their old location into the new <shake_home>/database .
Do the following:
% cd <shake_home>/bin
% ./eq2mysql
% ./shake2mysql

mktables works fine, but I can't find eq2mysql or shake2mysql anywhere.
I grepped the source but I can't see it anywhere. Is running these
binaries required to complete the installation?

I tried to do some research on this issue, but I haven't found any
useful information. How can I search the archives of this mailing list?

Sorry if I missed something.
Best Regards,
Jim

--
Jim Chrzeszczyk - GeoNet Systems Administrator    DDI:  +64  4 570-4557
GNS Science, 1 Fairway Drive, Avalon,              Fax:  +64  4 570-4600

http://www.gns.cri.nz/                  http://www.geonet.org.nz/