[Shake-dev] Can we still use Intensity Scale based on Wald99??

WSC wangshicheng305 at 163.com
Fri Dec 10 03:03:50 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have two questions about the Intensity Scale:
1、Is the Intensity Scale derived from Wald99(a and b)?
     As we know,there are about four I=f(pga,pgv)equations from Wald99(a,b), i think the intensity is consitent with these four equations, isn`t it?

2、if so,can we still use the Intensity scale to represent the intensity map??
I think the intensity in SM3.5 now is obtained by weighted the ovbservation data,the converted data based on wald99(P->M) and estimated data(IPE),now the intensity data includes not only the P->M data,but observations and IPE derived intensity data,so now we still use this Intensity scale to reprensent the intensity map,is it reasonble?

Thanks,
WSC