[Shake-dev] [Fwd: Re: modifications to permanent website]

Vince Quitoriano vinceq at usgs.gov
Wed Aug 26 18:50:38 GMT 2009

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Shake-dev] modifications to permanent website
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 12:50:01 -0600
From: Vince Quitoriano <vinceq at usgs.gov>
To: Devel Shakemap <shake-dev at unix1.gps.caltech.edu>
CC: Georgia Cua <georgia.cua at sed.ethz.ch>

Georgia,

> 1) Where should I be making modifications if I want to make changes to
> the content of the permanent website (files such as about.html,
> links.html, etc.)?

(I assume you're using ShakeMap 3.2 release)
There's two places in the installation that have the static HTML files:
lib/genex/web/permanent_src and
lib/genex/web/permanent

The canonical way to do this is to modify /permanent_src and run "make",
which transfers the changes to /web/permanent. Then run "transfer -permweb"
to move those files to your web server. (Make sure transfer.conf points to
the right place.)

> 2) I have run scenarios and have things configured such that they
> should show up on the website. However, they do not show up on the
> website. (although the event directories for the scenarios and the
> output are successfully transfered to the web directory.) Any hints on
> how to fix this?

So the web directory exists, and you can direct your browser to the URL
of the correct eventid? If so, then this sounds like a problem with the
home page or archive page generator.

- Vince