[Shake-dev] shakemap 3.2 bug reports

Bill Gustafson billg at ess.washington.edu
Wed Oct 10 19:51:59 GMT 2007

Hi All,

I have two odd bug reports to make, both regarding scenarios.

When trying to run scenarios on my shakemap 3.2 Linux install, I found
that grind expected retrieve to be run first, even though the
scenario_skip list included retrieve.  I had to manually comment out
retrieve or add it to the no_dep list (I tried both), for the shakemap
to run properly.

When trying to run scenarios on my shakemap 3.2 Solaris install, it
chokes on the stavel_file (or maybe the fwstatlist, which is the same
file) in grind:

[agita][SHAKE][38] /earthworm/SHAKE/bin/../bin/grind -event
seattle_fault_se -qtm -boundcheck -lonspan 3.2 -psa
grind: Running scenario seattle_fault_se with flags: -event
seattle_fault_se -qtm -boundcheck -lonspan 3.2 -psa
Regression: No source mechanism specified. Using default.
grind: 0 stations flagged out this iteration
grind: Using estimates.xml as input.
grind: Parsing forward stations in
/earthworm/SHAKE/bin/../lib/grind/dig_pnw.txt.
grind: Invalid format in /earthworm/SHAKE/bin/../lib/grind/dig_pnw.txt
47.0500,-122.9000,2101,190

It works fine in regular mode on the Solaris install, and it works fine
on the Linux install both for scenario and regular mode.

I will continue working on it, but wanted to make sure I sent this off.

Bill

--
Bill Gustafson          Res Eng/Sr Comp Spc
KSRSL/PNSN              Phone: (206)685-8266/(206)543-8928