[PNW-Earthquake-Hazards] SWIF Info for the PNW Fault Working Group

Joan S Gomberg gomberg at usgs.gov
Wed Jan 17 01:49:27 GMT 2007

Some reading for next week's conference call (1/24 at 10:00 am) - Brian
Sherrod suggests the following reports for background on the SWIF:

2005 OFR 2005-1136
Holocene fault scarps and shallow magnetic anomalies along the southern
Whidbey Island Fault Zone near Woodinville, Washington
Sherrod, Brian L.; Blakely, Richard J.; Weaver, Craig; Kelsey, Harvey;
Barnett, Elizabeth; Wells, Ray
More Info...
2005 OFR 2005-1013
Excavation logs of two trenches across a strand of the southern Whidbey
Island fault zone near Grace, Washington
Sherrod, Brian Louis; Barnett, Elizabeth; Kelsey, Harvey M.
More Info...
2004 OFR 2004-1204
The Cottage Lake Aeromagnetic Lineament: A Possible Onshore Extension of
the Southern Whidbey Island Fault, Washington
Blakely, Richard J.; Sherrod, Brian L.; Wells, Ray E.; Weaver, Craig S.;
McCormack, David H.; Troost, Kathy G.; Haugerud, Ralph A.

To get these go to the website at http://infotrek.er.usgs.gov/pubs/ and do
an author search on "Sherrod, B".  A new page with 7 Reports will appear
and if you sort these by year these three will be at the top.  You can
read them online and download them by clicking on the 'More Info...' next
to each title; downloading requires you to choose 'View document as HTML'
- this will then give you the opportunity to download a pdf.

I'll be sending the conference call numbers shortly.

Thanks!
Joan

Joan Gomberg
US Geological Survey
University of Washington
Dept of Earth and Space Sciences, Box 351310
Seattle, Washington 98195-1310
206-616-5581(office)
206-553-8350 (fax)
206-941-7498 (cell)
gomberg at usgs.gov
----- Forwarded by Joan S Gomberg/GD/USGS/DOI on 01/16/07 05:41 PM -----

Brian Sherrod <bsherrod at ess.washington.edu>
01/16/07 04:46 PM

Joan S Gomberg <gomberg at usgs.gov>
cc
Richard J Blakely <blakely at usgs.gov>, Craig Weaver
<craig at ess.washington.edu>
Subject
Re: SWIF

Joan -
The easiest thing to do is get the three OFR's on the USGS website.  All
of the gory details are presented in these reports.  I'll be glad to
forward the manuscript if you want but we are in the process of polishing
it up a bit (getting rid of those nasty rough edges revealed in our
internal review).  Here are the titles and numbers:

Let me know if you want more info.  Cheers.....BrianS

Brian Sherrod
USGS at Dept.of Earth and Space Sciences
Box 351310, University of Washington
Seattle, WA  98195
206-553-0153 office
253-653-8358 cell (best contact #)