[ANSS-netops] DC powered VSAT

Persefield, Kyle (Contractor) kpersefield at contractor.usgs.gov
Mon Feb 10 17:30:14 UTC 2020

John,

We are using the HughesNet HN9000 series modems.  They do have a DC-DC power supply for these modems.  The kit with the DC input pigtail is part # 1036088-0001.  The DC-DC power supply alone is model DC-0651-M3 and the part # is 1033554-001.

Specs:

65 Watts Max Output ( At normal operation we experience about 32 watts usage)
Input:  12.7-25 VDC
Pins 1&2 - 6.5 VDC
Pin 6 - 19.5 VDC
Pin 7 - 15.0 VDC
Pins 3, 4, 5, 8 - DC Return

Because of the oddball output voltages we have just stuck with the Hughes Network product rather than try 3 separate DIN rail mounted adjustable DC-DC power supplies.