[ANSS-netops] Swarm V2.4.3: Gulper difficulty

Meremonte, Mark mmeremonte at usbr.gov
Fri Sep 18 23:37:58 UTC 2015

Hi Peter & others,

Running Swarm  2.4.3 but having troubles with generating helirecords.
Appears gulper not functioning properly.  Initially I choose a staion SCNL
but heli never plots and finishes w/o no data from server.

[image: Inline image 2]

However, sometimes when I change the gulp size from its initial startup
value whether 30 to 20 or 10 to 20 or any which way it attempts to get data
but fails:
[image: Inline image 3]

Then, sometimes when I change gulp size, it is able to retrieve data:
[image: Inline image 4]

Also, when the helirecords plots, there is a some kind of riding noise on
top of the data;  appears the graphics are not properly plotting.  Figure
below illustrates that the waveform is fine when look at a segment but can
see that the waveform is almost wiped out in the heli-record.

[image: Inline image 5]

Are you or anybody aware of these difficulties for this version?   I do not
think it is an artifact of our EW waveserver.  These difficulties do not
occur when i return to older version such as 2.3.1.  However. that version
has a problem with the monitor window where the last sample is always
off-scale which does not work well with autoscale mode.

These are my observations.

Thank You,
Mark

--
Mark Meremonte         Geophysicist
U.S. Bureau of Reclamation:  Seismology, Geomorphology, and Geophysics Group
POBox 25007, 85-833000      Email: mmeremonte at usbr.gov
Denver, CO  80225                  Web: http://www.usbr.gov
Ship:  U.S. Bureau of Reclamation, DFC, Bldg. 67-10th Floor, Denver, CO
80225