[ANSS-netops] IRIS/PASSCAL Hardware Engineer Position Announcement

Bridget O'Neill brit at passcal.nmt.edu
Fri Jul 24 15:53:45 UTC 2015

Hi Everyone -

     We have a position open at PASSCAL we are trying to get the word
out on, if you know of anyone who might be interested we'd appreciate if
you'd pass this announcement along.

     Thanks very much!

     - Brit

Staff Scientist/Hardware Engineer position open at IRIS/PASSCAL

http://www.nmt.edu/hr-jobs-at-nmt

Job Duties: Testing, repair and QA of seismological equipment. Design
and development of specialized field and test systems. Maintain and
fabrication of ancillary seismological equipment. Support fieldwork and
training. Develop test procedures. Maintain digitizer maintenance
records. Maintain parts inventory. Repair, maintenance and oversight of
all cables. Assist with other hardware tasks as needed.

Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required in Electrical
Engineering or other Engineering/Geoscience with some electronics
training OR an Associates degree in a technical or scientific field with
3 years of directly applicable experience. Electronic troubleshooting
required. Engineering development and design required. CAD, field data
collection systems, time series data formats, and seismological field
experience desired. Have or able to obtain passport.

Apply to: New Mexico Tech, Human Resources 801 Leroy Pl. Brown Hall Box
094, Socorro, NM 87801-4796

--
Brit O'Neill
Hardware