[ANSS-netops] Q330 POC Software Question

Jennifer Eakins jeakins at ucsd.edu
Tue Aug 11 17:02:07 UTC 2015

The Antelope program q3302orb in conjunction with orb2logs logs writes out POC contact information.

For example:

      2015223 00:00:02.443: targetname: POC-:poc: Processing POC from 1XX.1XX.8X.2XX:5330, sn=010000A1A1A1A1A1, lport=1, ip=1XX.XXX.XXX.XXX

Individual datalogger log files contain information as well:

      2015223 08:32:24.106: targetname: TA_XXXX: POC initiated acquisition start.

You also get a notification when the datalogger ip address has changed (in this case from the null “ - “ to a value):

      2015221 17:01:27.723: targetname: TA_XXX: POC change in datalogger ipaddress - resetting from - to 7X.XX.XXX.XXX

I also use some internal scripts that will review these logs and review to see if we are not getting POCs from a particular datalogger.  In addition, I have an Antelope script that allows for a batch report and/or resetting of the POC structure on remote dataloggers:  very useful when you have 400+ to review at one time.

—Jennifer