[ANSS-netops] GPS failure at New Mexico Tech Seismological Observatory

Gee, Lind lgee at usgs.gov
Tue Jan 28 23:10:31 UTC 2014

Another forwarded message .... It looks like we are having some problems
with non-USGS emails.  I've reported the problem to the Web folk.

>From Mitch Withers:

We had a problem with the week rollover last August.  I'm not sure this one
is the same because 1024 weeks is about 19 years.  So if week 0 is 1999,
then
this particular clock shouldn't have the problem for another 4 years or so.
The first week rollover was in August of 1999 so this is suspicious but
many manufacturers put hooks in during the 90's to delay it (by 19 years
after the date of manufacture).  For the XLAK we had to use F68 to set the
current year, then do a warm start to correct the problem.

Mitch

Center for Earthquake Research and Information (CERI)
University of Memphis                Ph: 901-678-4940
Memphis, TN 38152                   Fax: 901-678-4734

-----
Lind S. Gee

US Geological Survey
Albuquerque Seismological Laboratory
P.O. Box 82010
Albuquerque NM 87198-2010

lgee at usgs.gov
505-853-8887 - direct line    243-8887 DSN
505-846-5646 - ASL office   246-5646 DSN
505-846-6973 - fax