[ANSS-netops] RefTek binary read to MatLab

Evans John R. jrevans at usgs.gov
Thu Mar 7 01:37:34 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I came up empty after consulting with Jared at RT, so does any of you know of a MatLab routine that can directly read native RefTek binary format?

Jared tells me their format has a few bytes of header followed by "essentially" miniSEED, so I may be able to hack a solution via the Unix od() command and the rdmseed() MatLab routine I found on the web (works on some but not all vendor renditions of miniSEED).

Thanks,
John

John R. Evans

-------------------------

831-460-7593 direct
408-209-6219 mobile
jrevans at usgs.gov

-------------------------

Normally at (mail or shipping):
U.S. Geological Survey
400 Natural Bridges Dr
Santa Cruz  CA  95060

-------------------------

Intermittently at:

Mail ONLY
USGS/ASL
P.O. Box 82010
Albuquerque  NM  87198-2010

Shipping ONLY
USGS/ASL
Target Rd 10002 Isleta SE
Kirtland AFB  NM  87117

I got nasty habits; I take tea at three.  (Mick Jagger)