[ANSS-netops] PASSCAL Developed Power Management Module (Charge Conroller and Power Switcher)

David S. Croker croker at usgs.gov
Thu May 24 22:17:18 UTC 2012

Kyle,

Thanks for sharing.  We haven't moved to MPPT charge controllers yet
just due to the costs.  It's still hard to find a good one in the
$200-300 range, but even then that's quite a bit cheaper than what
Betatron is charging for all the extra packaging.  At that price I
don't see us moving that direction at this time, but thanks again for
sharing.  It's a nice looking unit, though.  I'll stick with my $50
Sunsaver with LVD for now, although I can definitely see the
advantages of MPPT for some of my extreme-weather sites.

Dave