[ANSS-netops] L-4C sensors

Steve Estes estes at gi.alaska.edu
Sun Mar 4 19:00:45 UTC 2012

We ordered some L4C's awhile back and discovered the same thing.
The polarity was reversed. Well, at least it was different.
After discussing the issue with the manufacture (I don't remember if it was Mark Products or Sercel),
we were told that they make all USGS orders oneway, and everyone else's the other way.

As I recall the story, the USGS evaluated the original prototype and found the polarity reversed.
Mark Products, wanting to please their customer, manufactured all subsequent USGS L4C's to the USGS spec.
All others were made with the original polarity.

Regards,
Steve Estes