[ANSS-netops] 4G Sierra Wireless modems

Jonah Merritt jmerritt at usgs.gov
Fri Mar 2 22:05:09 UTC 2012

Unlimited data with Verizon Wireless has dropped to $39.99/ month net on
the new GSAFSS pricing schedule.
Also, I have just received word that there are some firmware issues with
the new SW GX440 data modem. I just purchased one from our vendor and it
will ship this coming Monday. I am told that a firmware update is on the
way in the next couple of weeks to fix come critical bugs. I'll test it
in our shop and report back in the coming weeks.

Regards,

Jonah Merritt
U.S. Geological Survey
National Strong Motion Project