[ANSS-netops] 4G Sierra Wireless modems

David S. Croker croker at usgs.gov
Fri Mar 2 21:55:06 UTC 2012

For what it's worth...

In looking up some specs the other day on the Sierra Wireless RavenX
modems I discovered that SW has finally come out with a 4G version of
modem, named the AirLink GX440.  They claim it is "Certified on the
Verizon Wireless LTE network and commercially available in Q1 2012"
and in a "rugged" package.  I didn't make any further inquiries
because we aren't looking for such bandwidth yet in a cellular modem
(5-12Gbps), but I thought I'd let you all know.  I'm also not sure
what sort of data plans are available from Verizon for 4G, but I am
meeting with my rep next week so I'll get it from him then.  I know,
what good am I?

Dave

USGS - Earthquake Science Center - NCSN Field Operations Manager
David S. Croker                                         office (650) 329-4697
345 Middlefield Rd, MS 977                           fax (650) 329-4732
Menlo Park, CA 94025                                 cell (650) 465-4334
email: croker at usgs.gov
Quake info: http://earthquake.usgs.gov/
USGS URL: http://www.usgs.gov/