[ANSS-netops] Best Practical "Request Tracker (RT) Job Tickets

mwithers at memphis.edu mwithers at memphis.edu
Mon Apr 30 15:18:04 UTC 2012

Has anyone attempted the install of this Request Tracker?  I installed mysql
5.5 for 64-bit sparc and upgraded my perl to 5.14 (it didn't like 5.8.4 even
though the pre-reqs say 5.8.3 or better).  I have solaris 10 on 64 bit sparc
and after using the fixdeps tool I get a few dependencies still requires:
GnuPG::Interface, XML::RSS, and DBD::mysql.

When I try to install DBD::mysql directly from cpan, it complains I have
the wrong elf class:
ld: fatal: file dbdimp.o: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

So it looks like somebody is compiled as 32 bit and not playing well with
the 64 bit objecst.  Has anyone else solved this problem already?  I'm
anxious to avoid a death spiral of recompiles and library dependencies.

Mitch

Center for Earthquake Research and Information (CERI)
University of Memphis                Ph: 901-678-4940
Memphis, TN 38152                   Fax: 901-678-4734