[ANSS-netops] automated text alerts

David Oppenheimer oppen at usgs.gov
Mon Nov 28 17:24:59 UTC 2011

The Northern CA Seismic System (UCB and NCSN) directs everyone requesting
earthquake notification, other than NCSS staff, to ENS.  It's very reliable,
fast, and alleviates the NCSS from chasing down bounced messages, and
managing lists for different magnitude/polygon needs.  It has worked out
very well for the NCSS and recipients.  Best of all, the USGS worries about
maintaining the system and meeting demand.

The NCSS self-notifies a small group of internal users. UCB uses one
package, and the NCSN uses another.   If you need more information, contact
Pete Lombard or Will Kohler.

-David