[ANSS-netops] cell modems and first of the month

Support support at feeneywireless.com
Fri Dec 2 17:36:54 UTC 2011

No,  The modems don't require a daily resetting of the devices.  An occasional power-cycling of the modem wouldn't hurt but should not be required.   If you are having occasional issues with the strength of the signal (RSSI - Receive Signal Strength Indicator being low (higher negative value)), then we would need to determine what the issue is one a case-by-case basis.  You also want to watch the EC/IO (a measure of energy (interference)) as well.  A directional antenna should provide a better signal.  Whether the device has to be reset depends on its recovery once the connection has been re-established.

One other thing to watch is the modem and device firmware.  Make sure it is kept current.  This also helps.

Thanks,

Roger K. Parker
Engineering Technician
rparker at feeneywireless.com<mailto:rparker at feeneywireless.com>
Feeney Wireless, LLC  - 4085 W. 11th Ave. Unit #3, Eugene, Oregon 97402
(Free) 800-683-4818    (P) 541-685-9045 x227    (F) 541-284-0030
www.feeneywireless.com<http://www.feeneywireless.com/>

[http://shopping.netsuite.com/c.491803/site/signature_image.gif]

This email transmission is intended only for the addressee shown above. It may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. Any review, dissemination or use of this transmission or its contents by persons other than the addressee is strictly prohibited! If you have received this email transmission in error please notify us immediately.