[ANSS-netops] rtpd max clients [Memphis]

David S. Croker croker at usgs.gov
Mon May 17 18:09:56 UTC 2010

Mitch,

Like others have said, rtpd has worked well for us in Menlo.  We have
over 100 stations being served by two old Dell servers (one is still
a Pentium 3!).  The only reason we have two servers is because we
have so many stations.  We parse the stations according to geographic
area and telemetry methods so that if one machine fails, we're still
covered with the other.

If Ian at Reftek didn't answer all your questions or if you have
other questions related to our set up, contact Lynn Dietz who is our
rtpd master (dietz at usgs.gov).

Dave