[ANSS-netops] regulators

Greg Steiner vlf at cablerocket.com
Fri Mar 5 13:48:42 UTC 2010

Don,
I have designed several different low drop out regulators in house for
several of our customers. It is a custom product designed for a specific
situation. In its simplest form it uses a FET for the series pass
element , a micropower opamp and voltage reference for control elements
and transient suppression electronics to protect it from the whims of
mother nature. I'd be happy to design one for you, but I would need some
documentation including a system wide schematic so that I can assure you
it will work properly. A lot of times voltage drops in the  wiring are a
major cause of the problem.
Greg
--

Greg Steiner