[ANSS-netops] RFI stepping on sensors and data loggers

Dave Drobeck drobeck at seis.utah.edu
Sat Feb 27 22:03:25 UTC 2010

We definitely have seen it on Episensors and the Geotech PA-23.   Problem
seemed to be solved by making sure the sensors have well regulated power, but
now we seem to be seeing it (at about 30 counts only) even with regulated
power in a few cases.  We've not had time to investigate that yet.  In the
Geotech case there was no question it was related to the Freewave radio
transmitting and briefly pulling down power as we could vary the size of the
data packet and the noise tracked perfectly with the radio transmitting.
Installing the regulator took care of it.
Dave