[ANSS-netops] Low Power Router

Robert Busby busby at iris.edu
Fri Feb 12 20:02:27 UTC 2010

It may be you don't need a router.  Sierra Wireless has been
experimenting with a new feature of the Raven X to allow up to five IP
addresses on the ethernet side of the Raven X.  That would mean you need
only a hub.
The release of such software was targeted for mid-february.   I would
caution, however, that we found the performance of Raven X ALEOS
firmware later than 3.1.19.098 to exhibit a hang after a few days of
operation, which could be recovered only by power cycling the modem
(which we do daily for eleven seconds).  When that new version is
available, and if it seems to work, I'll post a note.