[ANSS-netops] IPv6

Richard Godbee rwg at vt.edu
Tue Jun 16 20:43:48 GMT 2009

Two IPv6 related questions:

1. Does anyone else on this list have native IPv6 connectivity at
their site?
2. Is anyone in ANSS-land (including vendors) thinking about IPv6?

With IPv4's days numbered, I'm starting to get concerned that none of
our seismic equipment or software is IPv6 capable.

And lest you think lack of IPv6 support won't affect you anytime soon...
http://www.personal.psu.edu/dvm105/blogs/ipv6/2009/06/verizon-mandates-ipv6-support.html

Richard

--
Richard Godbee, Unix Systems Administrator
Department of Geosciences, Virginia Tech