[ANSS-netops] AGU poster

Nathan L Edwards nedwards at unr.edu
Tue Sep 16 15:05:45 GMT 2008

I'd be glad to make it available electronically.

Also, as far as power-over-ethernet goes, if you are trying to get it to work at a voltage lower than what it calls for, like we do, I would try to keep the ethernet cable as short as possible.  The 24VDC in manufacturer's specs, I think, is more because of voltage drop over tiny cat5 wires rather than a limitation of the power supply in the Canopy itself.  While the Canopy is designed for outdoor mounting right next to the antenna, we put them right next to the datalogger and run a length LMR-400 out to the antenna to get that ethernet run as short as possible.

Nathan Edwards
Development Technician
Nevada Seismological Laboratory
University of Nevada Reno