[ANSS-netops] AGU poster

Mark Meremonte meremonte at usgs.gov
Tue Sep 16 13:44:46 GMT 2008

Nathan,

Sounds good.  Not sure if I will be at AGU this year yet.  Will it be
possible to get a hold a digital file of the poster after AGU?

As I mentioned in an earlier email I have been working with a
commercial company to install a Canopy 5700BH system for a permanent
station in McCall, ID.  Still trying to find out if that radio will
power from a 12VDC (it does from a 24VDC) source and its power
usage.  They have a dongle for the PoE interface I discovered.  So
the need to strip the Ethernet cable to introduce power is not
necessary as we discussed.  Unable to use an 5700SM model because the
AP's sector antenna points about 30 deg away from my line-of-site;
hence to use the BH model pair for last mile.

Thanks,
Mark

At 03:08 PM 9/15/2008, Nathan L Edwards wrote:
>Our lab has received a fair number of inquiries from other research
>institutions regarding our experience with IP radio systems we use
>and how we use them, in particular the Motorola Canopy
>point-to-multipoint radios.  Due to the level of interest, we will
>be presenting a poster at the San Francisco AGU conference in
>December.  I thought members of this list might be interested.  The
>title is "Implementation of IP Telemetry in Support of Portable
>Deployments for the Study of Earthquake Sequences."  Although this
>focuses on portable systems, the technology is, of course, adaptable
>to permanent installations.  I will pass along the date when I have one.
>
>Cheers,
>Nathan Edwards
>Development Technician
>Nevada Seismological Laboratory
>University of Nevada Reno
>Reno, NV 89557-0174
>o:  775-784-1106
>m:  775-303-5899

Mark E. Meremonte        Work: 303-273-8670
U.S. Geological Survey   Cell: 303-478-5766
MS 966, Box 25046       Email: meremonte at usgs.gov
Denver, CO  80225         Web: http://geohazards.cr.usgs.gov