[Realtime-feed-users] North Korea earthquake data not showing on 2.5_week.geojson

Fee, Jeremy jmfee at usgs.gov
Wed Sep 13 17:27:20 UTC 2017

A couple comments about the example URLs:

- I recommend adding a minimum magnitude threshold, especially when
querying long time periods.

- Escape spaces in query parameters using either "+" or "%20".  Some web
browsers automatically do this for you, but this needs to be handled
manually for some applications.

- "nuclear explosion" is a different event type than "explosion", and must
be queried separately.

Here is a modified URL that seems to perform better:

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/fdsnws/event/1/query?format=geojson&starttime=2014-09-10&endtime=2017-09-11&eventtype=nuclear+explosion&minmag=2.5

Thanks,

Jeremy