[Realtime-feed-users] Duplicate Fiji earthquakes last night

Rogers, Wesley A wesley.a.rogers at boeing.com
Tue May 31 13:08:01 UTC 2016

Thanks, that is good information

Yours,
Wesley A Rogers
SSG Security & Fire Protection
The Boeing Company
=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments.

From: Realtime-feed-users [mailto:realtime-feed-users-bounces at geohazards.usgs.gov] On Behalf Of David
Sent: Sunday, May 29, 2016 7:02 AM
To: 'James Richards' <james at artisanglobal.com>; realtime-feed-users at geohazards.usgs.gov
Subject: Re: [Realtime-feed-users] Duplicate Fiji earthquakes last night

Hi James,

My understanding is this. The pt reference is from the Pacific Tsunami centre. This is usually the first event to show. The us reference is the usgs reference and takes a little longer to be promulgated as it is not quite as raw data as the pt reference, but still subject to revision.

Once the us reference has been listed the pt reference is taken off, normally within a very short space of time after the listing of the us event.

This is a normal course of events for the larger earthquakes.

Kind regards
David Loring